Quiet Revelry - The Bill Irwin Chronicles
The Bill Irwin Chronicles
On Saturday March 18, 2017, at 3:00pm, the Town Hall will present New
York audiences with a rare opportunity to see The Cameraman, a 1928
silent classic and one of Buster Keaton's richest and funniest
pictures, as it was meant to be seen: on the big screen and with
live music accompaniment. The live soundtrack, created out of songs
and instrumental music from the 1920s will be performed by
Grammy-winning multi-instrumentalist Vince Giordano and his 11-piece
band The Nighthawks.
The family matinee program is part of the Town Hall's new series
"Shoots and Scores", and will feature a screening of the Laurel &
Hardy short "Double Whoopee" from 1929 along with a special guest
appearance by the vaudeville-inspired actor and comedian Bill Irwin,
who will perform a special song and dance routine and comedic
Ticketmaster 1-800-982-2787 http://www.ticketmaster.com/
Who is Bill Irwin? People tend to think of him as an actor, a
dancer, a performance artist, a vaudeville clown. But he's also a
producer, director, writer, and choreographer. Sometimes it's sort
of hard to describe exactly what Bill does, but people who have seen
him agree - he does it well.
Where have you seen him before?
- Bill had recurring roles on the tv shows CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATIONS and
- Bill plays Mister Noodle on the "Elmo's World" segment of
- He's "that other guy" in Bobby McFerrin's video of "Don't Worry,
Be Happy" with Robin Williams.
- The Regard of Flight , which aired as part of PBS's GREAT PERFORMANCES series.
- Northern Exposure, where he played "The Flying Man" who
wooed Marilyn in seasons 3 ("Get Real") and 4 ("On Your Own").
- His wonderful solo dance in the movie My Blue Heaven, starring Rick Moranis and Steve Martin.
Quiet Revelry is offered in cooperation with Bill Irwin as
a gathering place for news, photos, and
Photos have been graciously
provided by Bill Irwin or by the respective copyright holders.
This site is in the middle of being redesigned and
expanded: some links may not yet be available. Thanks for your understanding and patience!